2019 Summer Professional Development Courses
TEC continues to provide various courses in the summer, both face to face, hybrid and online.
We offer Professional Learning that:
- brings educators together to collaborate and learn
- leverages formats that are face-to-face, online, and a hybrid of the two models
- provides options to earn both PDPs and graduate credit
- is customized to a school or district's needs (when requested)
Contact: Jaent Buerklin (email@example.com) if you have questions.
About Our Face-to-Face Courses
The Education Cooperative provides an array of high quality, low cost professional learning opportunities for educators, administrators, and other district and school-based staff that is available to TEC's member and non-member districts.
Dr. Janet Buerklin, TEC's Professional Development Coordinator, has developed a variety of courses, both face to face and online, that qualify for one or two graduate credits in partnership with area colleges and universities. These courses cover all curriculum areas and are specifically designed for elementary and secondary teachers, specialists, special educators and administrators.
TEC continues to provide multiple SEI Teacher Endorsement courses and one SEI Administrator Endorsement course. These carry the potential for 3 graduate credits from an area university.
TEC Offers Online Professional Learning Courses
In response to our member district needs, TEC has developed online courses to fulfill professional learning goals. These courses were created by our partners at ETLO at EDC, Inc., an organization that is singularly expert as a development house for content and online instructional design.
TEC’s online courses have been designed to be interactive, social, in-depth, and self-paced. The web-based format is accessible on an educator’s schedule via computer or a mobile device, providing maximum flexibility and ease not only for educators but for school- or district- based professional learning needs. All of our courses are modular and provide a quick pathway to targeted learning in smaller chunks of time, for instance a half-day of district in-service time.
TEC's Online Course can be used in a variety of ways:
- Districts can purchase an affordable site subscription to provide foundational content to small or large groups of educators, leveraging a “flipped” model and enabling schools or districts to maximize face-to-face time for more customized examination of district/school-specific needs relative to the content.
- Individual educators can learn independently, at their own pace to strengthen professional practice, deepen or expand content knowledge, or to advance their career.
- To supplement and strengthen the expertise/professional learning of specific groups of teachers and/or paraprofessionals, particularly with respect to MA DESE mandates.
Our Online Courses:
Strategies to Enhance Instruction of ELLs in the Classroom (15 PDPs)
Engaging All Learners with Differentiated Instruction (15 PDPs)
- Connecting Behavioral Health & Social Emotional Learning to Success in School (15 PDPs & graduate credit)