TEC Phoenix Academy is a 502.4i program developed in partnership with the Walpole Public Schools. Click here to download a TEC Phoenix Academy Brochure.
TEC Phoenix Academy provides students in Grades 8-12 with an academic curriculum aligned with the Curriculum Frameworks and students participate in standard MCAS testing. Upon graduation, students receive their diploma from their home district.
Located at the Plimpton Building on the beautiful campus of Walpole High School, 319 Common Street, Walpole, MA, TEC Phoenix Academy is designed for students in Grades 8-12 with academic, emotional and/or behavioral challenges that necessitate a small structured educational setting. The program assists students to develop a sense of self awareness and effective personal decision making that will enable them to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in school, college and/or career.
TEC Phoenix Academy provides supports for students who prior to enrolling have experienced:
- Emotional (Anxiety, Bipolar, Depression)
- Health Impairments (ADHD)
- Specific Learning Disabilities
Our goal is to engage students and provide individualized support to develop adaptive and academic skills needed to reach their full potential.
- Academic curriculum aligned with the curriculum frameworks
- Students participate in standard MCAS testing
- Highly qualified, MA certified teachers
- Full time licensed Social Worker provides ongoing counseling, clinical consulting, and case management
- College and Career Counseling to prepare students for success in school, college and career through goal development, interest assessment and internship support.
- Vocational Electives: Culinary Arts, Computer Repair, Woodworking
- 1:1 Chromebook Computer Program
- Online and Blended courses for credit recovery, exploration, acceleration, and AP
- Self-growth activities including field trips and community service
- Short term 45-day placements (with and without assessments) are available
Student Handbooks and Manuals