The Build Date for A Place for Everyone to Play is Set!
Can you believe it? After months of designing, fundraising, and planning, the day is finally here! We have more fundraising to do to reach our goal, but we've raised enough to set the date. We couldn't have gotten here without you!
Get ready for Father’s Day Weekend 2016. Celebrate Father’s Day by creating play for all students. So tell your Dad and bring him to Build Day.
Here’s what you need to know about a community playground build:
- You DON’T have to be skilled, trained, or have any special tools
- You DO need to be enthusiastic, energetic, a team player, willing to work, and have fun, fun, fun (and be at least 18)
- Food will be provided by local businesses and the TEC Playground Committee
- The build will happen RAIN OR SHINE
We need 70 Volunteers for our Playground Build Weekend, but there will be plenty of opportunities to help before June 16 if you can't make it.
10 volunteers for Thursday June 16, 2016 from 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- This group will unload the playground equipment from the truck and unpack it. These volunteers MUST be able to lift heavy objects (at least 75 lbs).
20 volunteers for Friday June 17, 2016 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- This group will work on laying out the playground equipment, preassembling the equipment, mixing concrete, etc. Most of the jobs will involve lifting, but not all.
40 volunteers for Saturday June 18, 2016 from 7:00 am to finish
- These volunteers will build the playground and plant the sensory garden. There will be jobs that have to lift and dig and jobs that don’t (such as childcare and serving food).
- Fun activities and childcare will be provided for children of volunteers. Details to follow.
20 standby volunteers for Sunday June 19, 2016
- If we don’t finish on Saturday, the playground will be completed on Sunday. Volunteers will be emailed on Saturday to confirm volunteering on Sunday.
Sign up to be part of our community build at the link below
We will be sending out more information as planning committees are created and we get closer to the build date!