About The Education Cooperative...
The Education Cooperative (TEC) is a Massachusetts educational collaborative and 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that develops and coordinates educational and organizational programs to meet the needs of our member communities and their students in a way that complements and strengthens their school programs and expands opportunities for their students, educators and communities in the most cost effective manner. Originally established in 1968, TEC became an Educational Collaborative in 1980 under the provisions of M.G.L. c. 40, § 4E and is approved by the Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education.
TEC's Member Districts
TEC's Mission and Guiding Beliefs
The Education Cooperative (TEC) actively develops and coordinates educational and organizational programs to meet the needs of member communities and their students.
- inter-district collaboration strengthens all participants and offers the opportunity to do more than one district can do individually;
- each student learns differently and should be provided with learning experiences designed to optimize individual potential to meet their personal goals;
- student centered decisions guide our planning and practices;
- high expectations are integral to student achievement;
- it is our responsibility to prepare our students to be contributing members of a global society;
- education is the shared responsibility among the student, the family, the school and the communities;
- all students want to learn and be successful life-long learners in a global society;
- hard work, effort and responsibility are fundamental to academic success;
- data-driven student centered decisions guide planning and practice;
- a school culture, which embraces diversity, change, risk-taking and shared decision making is the catalyst for change;
- it is important to recognize and respond to our TEC communities changing needs, and
- TEC's responsibility is to provide the environment for positive academic, physical, social, emotional and aesthetic growth of our students.