About The Education Cooperative
Since 1980, TEC has been working diligently to improve education in communities throughout Massachusetts. Over the years, TEC has evolved and increased their services to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions that suit the ever-changing needs of our member districts and the education community as a whole. Our services include: professional development & licensure, a continuum of special education programs, internship opportunities, cooperative purchasing, alternative schools, an online academy and other resources that enhance the goals of educators, administrators, and students.
The Education Cooperative in partnership with its member districts is a proactive, innovative, agile organization that anticipates and meets the collective needs of its learning centered members more effectively and efficiently than its members can do individually.
TEC's Member Districts
TEC's Mission and Guiding Beliefs
The Education Cooperative (TEC) actively develops and coordinates educational and organizational programs to meet the needs of member communities and their students.
- inter-district collaboration strengthens all participants and offers the opportunity to do more than one district can do individually;
- each student learns differently and should be provided with learning experiences designed to optimize individual potential to meet their personal goals;
- student centered decisions guide our planning and practices;
- high expectations are integral to student achievement;
- it is our responsibility to prepare our students to be contributing members of a global society;
- education is the shared responsibility among the student, the family, the school and the communities;
- all students want to learn and be successful life-long learners in a global society;
- hard work, effort and responsibility are fundamental to academic success;
- data-driven student centered decisions guide planning and practice;
- a school culture, which embraces diversity, change, risk-taking and shared decision making is the catalyst for change;
- it is important to recognize and respond to our TEC communities changing needs, and
- TEC's responsibility is to provide the environment for positive academic, physical, social, emotional and aesthetic growth of our students.